It’s time to make an honest assessment of where you stand. Are you prepared for the NCLEX exam? Do you need help? And which type of help? Do you need organised content? Pre set strategy? Constant guiding and mentoring is what you need? Or, you can manage everything except that you’re indisciplined. Do not be ashamed to admit your weakness and then choose the best NCLEX Review course for yourself, which will exactly fit in your needs and help you through.
It’s perfectly normal to have anxieties and worries when facing something that will shape your career and your life. A little anxiety can do good to you by making you develop the urge to learn and do the required hard work.But having enrolled yourself with the wrong program can shoot up your frustration and anxiety levels leading to wastage of your precious time and money! So, it is better to know well about your review provider and guide before you choose it.
A PLUS NCLEX Review Class:
A Plus is a LIVE NCLEX review course provider and claims to provide the most updated and best NCLEX Review. They provide this live class service in quite a few places which mainly cover California and adjacent areas, Florida, Texas and Canada. When online NCLEX review courses have taken the lead, what does this one have to offer?
They provide self paced courses where they promise to teach you in the most interesting and innovative manner, providing individual assessments and analysis as well as flexible timings that suit you. Apart from this, they claim to give a passing guarantee and support you until you clear the exam.
- Provide live review classes
- Provide massive hope to NCLEX re takers
- Focus on providing the right informational content (what is actually needed) and which is up to date (revised content)
- Individual analysis of every student and customised help and support to help them pass
- They also make individual evaluations before the exam
- Teach the right attitude, and discipline as well as motivate students
- Provide step by step preparation guide
- Special emphasis on SATA questions
- Claim to teach techniques and tricks to handle the exam
- Boast about expert faculty
- Have a 100% pass rate and Offer 100% passing guarantee
- Schedules will be adjusted as per your time and convenience
- Targeted for NCLEX RN/LVN
- Since it is a live review program they help you to find a a place to stay
They have been stingy in providing more information regarding their faculty, any free NCLEX practice questions or other resources like nursing content. They heavily claim their instructors to be the best and their content updated. You cannot know much until you attend their class, or have an in depth discussion with someone who has attended their program.
Price is quite high:
- For Class or Group NCLEX RN Review 4 to 5 days – $500.00 each.
- One – on – One of extensive Review: $500.00
- for group of 10 to 25 students: lesser price / lower payment < $400.00
They provide payment flexibility like pay half the first day and then pay the remaining amount on the third day.It is still pricey, since other live review course providers do not charge this much. All of them range within or up to 300$ at a maximum. They fail to justify the price, as they provide very vague information about what they have to offer.
Marketing techniques applied by them are very apparent. Their course might be good but their pricing and marekting techniques seem to be deceivable.
Offer 1# if you can introduce to 5 of your friends or classmates to review, you will only pay half. satisfaction, guaranteed! we will help you all!
Offer 2# We will give you 1 FREE Ipad mini for every 5 students/friends and classmates you can refer.
Such offers or promises are not made by any standard and reputed review course providers.
Bottomline: The Live Review program provided by A Plus is different in a manner that they they provide one on one or individual live coaching too, while others provide live coaching in larger groups of students. It is advisable to find someone locally n your area who can brief you about their program as to what it is that they have to offer and then you should proceed to pay them for it.
Or else, you can go in for any online review course or live review course which at least provides some free classes or resource materials or NCLEX practice questions so that you can have a glimpse of what they have to offer and can make a decision.
EDITOR’S NOTE: If you’re looking for an affordable NCLEX review program that not only provides you with updated and sound content, but helps you build the ability to think confidently, train you to analyse questions by making you acquainted with case studies, practical scenarios and simulation tests; we recommend Brilliant Nurse, which offer a variety of courses for RN as well as PN aspirants.
It is COMPLETE in every sense and touches all important aspects of the exam. Check out the given links: Extended (3 month access) NCLEX-PNÆ Test Prep Track and Extended (3 month access) NCLEX-RNÆ Test Prep Track
Why do we recommend Brilliant Nurse NCLEX review program?
Be it NCLEX-RN or NCLEX-PN, you actually need an overall approach for passing the NCLEX that not only focuses on content, but application too. The review course should make you aware of the different types of questions and train you to handle them. Each question is unlocked with a different strategy and that’s what Brilliant Nurse will help you master, along with not neglecting the other aspects of NCLEX exam.
In a sentence, we can say that Brilliant Nurse Review is a comprehensive, fully fortified and affordable approach, where you have to add in only one thing and that is your hard work!
1. UPDATED AND SOUND CONTENT: They provide, content based on the updated syllabus keeping view of the present requirements. The content is organised nad delivered in an innovative way. They also cover a wide array of topics, to keep you adept and updated with the most needed information on various facets of nursing that you have no chance to regret later. ‘No need to keep hunting in journals, magazines and websites to keep yourself updated on latest changes and developments…’ With minimal time wastage you will get all relevant information at one place.
You can study smartly using the most popular and recommended nursing books, but in the most simplified way. This programme is also used by private institutions and centres that want to help their students or colleagues to be well prepared to take up tests of standardisation for nursing.
The content has also been made innovative by converting it into a video lectures format. The videos not only deliver relevant content but also explain how to study and apply the information being provided.
2. DEVELOP BOTH CRITICAL AND CLINICAL THINKING: NCLEX, comprises of a wide array of questions. It tests your all round abilities. There is no single approach to answering such a variety of questions. This program does not provide you any pre set algorithm or set of rules that you need to follow, to solve questions and reach the right conclusion, instead it prepares your thniking and develops in you the confidence to handle any new and question yourself.’
They focus on providing you questions based on practical situations, various case studies, situation based discussions, making you learn how a clinical situation unfolds, and collaborative learning that will make you ready to handle questions yourself. This course does not impose on you a set of rules, rather leaves you free to think being guided by your previously learnt knowledeg and practice, not leaving you confused and boggled in the midst of the test.
3. ACCESS TO CONTENT VIA MOBILE: To save your time, and help you study as week as take tests while commuting, they provide this facility too.
4. STUDENT SUPPORT: This class includes round the clock student support in addition to opportunities for regular interaction with teachers. The faculty is supportive and accessible. They help you break down questions that you find tough. They have also allotted weekly 75-minute sessions of student and teacher interaction during which students can request advice and information to help them prepare for the NCLEX exam.
5. PRACTICE: All programs provide passing guarantee, over 2000 practice questions, and track your progress, and keep you updated about it, ensuring you try to fill in the gaps.
6. AFFORDABLE: NCLEX is difficult, but that does not mean you need to empty your wallet completely. They have a monthly plan (at $75) per month, the best part being you can cancel anytime! The 3 months program costs 175$ and the 6 months program is for 275$ only.
Brilliant Nurse provides an NCLEX crash course for a price as low as you would like to give, (which means ALMOST FREE) that will address all your queries , as to how to get started and much more than that. It will simplify things for you, boost your confidence and help to build courage to take up the right approach for the exam. So, if you trust them take the complete test prep plan and pass with flying colours!
Brilliant Nurse takes care to sort out and break every question such that you may first understand the type of the question and its demand, then you can answer it correctly.
‘ A glimpse of how, every type of question (in NCLEX) needs to be answered with a different approach.’
- Multiple choice questions: have only one correct answer
- Multiple response questions: Have more than one correct answer (probably more than one)
- Hot spot items: require you to answer such that you select the right location of a specific item! W.r.t a diagram or figure you need to choose the right form of wave, or injection site etc
- Fill in the blanks: mostly those which require calculation
- Chart/exhibit items: showing tabular or graphical data asking you to comprehend it and take decision
- Drag and drop/ Ordered response item: Asks to place given info in the right sequence or order
- Graphic option item: Needed to choose the right graphic item
- Audio items: need to listen to sounds like breathing sounds, heart sounds etc to interpret and take decision
- Video items: need to answer acc to any procedure shown in the video or the information provided
- Analysis Level items: require you to analyse various symptoms/ data to take the right nursing decision
- Application level items: test the soundness of your nursing content, test the application of what you’ve learnt
- Synthesis level: Require to take bits of information to take a decision
- Evaluation level: Can ask you to determine the effectiveness of nursing care
- Creation level: demand you to find a novel approach to address a problem, based on your intellect and perception
- Cognitive level of test items: need clinical reasoning to be used and applied
Before, deciding on which course to take, you need to remember that knowing your nursing content and learning the clinical skills in a nursing school is not enough to pass the NCLEX exam. What you need more, is to be good at critical thinking! Knowledge at both ends, practical as well as theoretical, and its sound application will lead you to cracking the NCLEX in the fisrt attempt.
Briliant Nurse is one such program that will guide you with the right study material, assitance, needed practice and APPROACH to handle questions to crack the NCLEX-RN and NCLEX-PN exams.
Bottomline: Brilliant Nurse Course not only provides the right content but will train you, upgrade your abilities and unlock the potential to be at your best!
EDITOR’S NOTE: We recommend Brilliant Nurse’s 6 months All access test prep tracks with daily assignments courses for preparation of NCLEX-PN® and NCLEX-RN®. Click the given links for further information. Ultra-extended (6 month access) NCLEX-RN® Test Prep Track + Learning Path – with Daily Assignments and Ultra-extended (6 month access) NCLEX-PN® Test Prep Track + Learning Path – with Daily Assignments
Leave a Reply