After graduating, you are to face another undertaking in your profession – passing the NCLEX! Preparing for test involves studying NCLEX review guides, answering sample tests and going through different source materials. You also have an option for classroom or online NCLEX review courses which have have become incredibly affordable and innovative with the use of modern technology that provide ultimate convenience and comfort for studying.
Let’s find out what Sylvia Rayfield NCLEX Review has to offer?
Rayfield is a 1959 graduate from Birmingham Baptist Hospital and served as a memeber of Samford’ Nursing Advisory board for several years. Serving students since 1980. Sylvia Rayfield and associates are dediacted for improving the overall quality of Nursing education. Not only do they provide NCLEX Reviews for students but they have programs for faculty development as well, and are very propular among nursing schools.
She has also authored some very popular NCLEX books like ‘Nursing made insanely easy’ , ‘ NCLEX RN 101: How to pass?’ and many more.
When it comes to Nursing schools, they believe that the faculty should be well trained, adept and aware of the latset tools and technology as well as knowledge to prepare their students crack the NCLEX as they pass out from their school. They have customised programs for faculty, where they focus not only on enhancing skills but also on helping them develop and devise new startegies to help students for passing the NCLEX.
They provide programs for:
International Students (for studenst who face a culture nad language transition)
Conventions and workshops for faculty as well as students.
- Specialise in student preparation for the NCLEX-RN® and PN®
- Provide up to date and most current information and changes each year.
- Their educators are adept since they attend regular meetings to cover new medical advances.
- Provide fun learning with interactive and engaging live sessions.
Let’s have a look at the courses that they provide:
1.LIVE RN Review:
- They help students by providing content that will differentiate between what you need to know, and what is just nice to know for the NCLEX, cutting down your wastage of effort on unnecessary stuff.
- Claim to boost confidence the student that is nececssary for NCLEX even if you’re a retaker.
- 3 days of live teaching sessions per week.
- Access to videos of live sessions is also allowed such that you can rewatch them as per your convenience later.
- Provide 2 additional internationally recognized books and a digital interactive review book for assistance.
- Access to online question bank with rationales available.
- Provide high difficulty level NCLEX style questions, designed to build clinical reasoning. (have not mentioned the number of questions provided)
LIVE RN course: 350$
2. NCLEX RN SELF study:
- Online streaming videos of live NCLEX-RN review course with 90 days of unlimited access.
- The content is NCLEX targetted, making it easier for you since they cut down the unnecessary stuff, while being updated and in compliance with the latest requirements.
- Provide books (two physical books and one e book) and online videos (self study videos) to help you with content
- Online quizzes and question banks for practice.
- 3 free books: ‘NCLEX-RN Review Keeping It Real! Simplified’ is a digital interactive review book includes a directory of useful videos, ‘Nursing Made Insanely Easy’ includes study tips, pictures and mnemonics used in the review,‘NCLEX-RN 101: How to Pass’, includes strategies for success & review of alternative format questions.
- This course also focuses on providing high difficulty level NCLEX style questions, designed to build clinical reasoning.
NCLEX RN SELF study course: 289$
3. LIVE PN Review:
- Comes with the same style of teaching and great NCLEX oriented content.
- 2 days of live teaching sessions per week.
- Provides access to online question banks, and vides so that you can re watch and revise everything you lerant in the class.
- They aim at making you skilled at taking critical clinical decisions by application based learning.
- All facilities integral to this course are the same as that for NCLEX Live RN course.
Live PN Course: 200$
4. NCLEX PN SELF study:
- Online videos: Online streaming videos of a live 3 day review with 90 days of unlimited access. Available for self study
- Online question banks and quizzes available.
- Cover topics that are very important for the PN exam: Management of Care, Safety and Infection Control,Pharmacology, Psychosocial Integrity,Cardiology &Respiratory,Cardiac Management,the Gastrointestinal System,the Neurological System,the Musculoskeletal System,Sensory Perception
- and many more helpful videos.
- Provide one free book: “Nursing Made Insanely Easy”, which includes study tips, pictures and mnemonics used in the review.
NCLEX PN SELF study course: 155$
They have many other assisting products like NCLEX Digital interactive review book and many more books but you will have to buy them separately.
Passing guarantee: With NCLEX-RN® and NCLEX-PN® students, they claim to provide 98-99% pass rate. They have a provision to support every student until they crack their exam. If you are unsuccesful in the first attempt, they will provide access to their classes and also provide access to self study videos free of cahrge.
The Sylvia Rayfield Review course can be a good enough review course for a simple reason that they have expert instructors which also train the nursing faculty. When it coems to content, you can trust them. They also provide updated nad organised content. But we can’t say much about thier question banks though they claim them to be NCLEX style questions which will help enhance your reasoning abilities. They also will ease your learning by providing additional books for assistance. Memorisation will be made easy through mnemonics, tricks and tactics provided will help battle the real exam.
Bottomline: We have found that the Live review courses are expensive! The prices fall at par with the most popular NCLEX Review providers. The number of quizzes that you can take or the number of questions provided for practice are not known. Very satisfying customer reviews are not available about this program except for we know that some of their books are popular.
It has been found that studenst who take up this program are the ones for whom it is made mandatory by their college while they were a nursing student.
Thsi program ahs all teh necesssray basic features that for an NCLEX review provider, with possibly good content. But, we still feel they are charging quite a bit for their programs!
EDITOR’S NOTE: If you’re looking for an affordable NCLEX review program that not only provides you with updated and sound content, but helps you build the ability to think confidently, train you to analyse questions by making you acquainted with case studies, practical scenarios and simulation tests; we recommend Brilliant Nurse, which offer a variety of courses for RN as well as PN aspirants.
It is COMPLETE in every sense and touches all important aspects of the exam. Check out the given links: Extended (3 month access) NCLEX-PNÆ Test Prep Track and Extended (3 month access) NCLEX-RNÆ Test Prep Track
Why do we recommend Brilliant Nurse NCLEX review program?
Be it NCLEX-RN or NCLEX-PN, you actually need an overall approach for passing the NCLEX that not only focuses on content, but application too. The review course should make you aware of the different types of questions and train you to handle them. Each question is unlocked with a different strategy and that’s what Brilliant Nurse will help you master, along with not neglecting the other aspects of NCLEX exam.
In a sentence, we can say that Brilliant Nurse Review is a comprehensive, fully fortified and affordable approach, where you have to add in only one thing and that is your hard work !
1. UPDATED AND SOUND CONTENT:
They provide, content based on the updated syllabus keeping view of the present requirements. The content is organised nad delivered in an innovative way. They also cover a wide array of topics, to keep you adept and updated with the most needed information on various facets of nursing that you have no chance to regret later. ‘No need to keep hunting in journals, magazines and websites to keep yourself updated on latest changes and developments…’ With minimal time wastage you will get all relevant information at one place.
You can study smartly using the most popular and recommended nursing books, but in the most simplified way. This programme is also used by private institutions and centres that want to help their students or colleagues to be well prepared to take up tests of standardisation for nursing.
The content has also been made innovative by converting it into a video lectures format. The videos not only deliver relevant content but also explain how to study and apply the information being provided.
2. DEVELOP BOTH CRITICAL AND CLINICAL THINKING:
NCLEX, comprises of a wide array of questions. It tests your all round abilities. There is no single approach to answering such a variety of questions. This program does not provide you any pre set algorithm or set of rules that you need to follow, to solve questions and reach the right conclusion, instead it prepares your thniking and develops in you the confidence to handle any new and question yourself.’
They focus on providing you questions based on practical situations, various case studies, situation based discussions, making you learn how a clinical situation unfolds, and collaborative learning that will make you ready to handle questions yourself. This course does not impose on you a set of rules, rather leaves you free to think being guided by your previously learnt knowledeg and practice, not leaving you confused and boggled in the midst of the test.
3. ACCESS TO CONTENT VIA MOBILE:
To save your time, and help you study as week as take tests while commuting, they provide this facility too.
4. STUDENT SUPPORT:
This class includes round the clock student support in addition to opportunities for regular interaction with teachers. The faculty is supportive and accessible. They help you break down questions that you find tough. They have also allotted weekly 75-minute sessions of student and teacher interaction during which students can request advice and information to help them prepare for the NCLEX exam.
All programs provide passing guarantee, over 2000 practice questions, and track your progress, and keep you updated about it, ensuring you try to fill in the gaps.
NCLEX is difficult, but that does not mean you need to empty your wallet completely. They have a monthly plan (at $75) per month, the best part being you can cancel anytime! The 3 months program costs 175$ and the 6 months program is for 275$ only.
Brilliant Nurse provides an NCLEX crash course for a price as low as you would like to give, (which means ALMOST FREE) that will address all your queries , as to how to get started and much more than that. It will simplify things for you, boost your confidence and help to build courage to take up the right approach for the exam. So, if you trust them take the complete test prep plan and pass with flying colours!
Brilliant Nurse takes care to sort out and break every question such that you may first understand the type of the question and its demand, then you can answer it correctly.
Before, deciding on which course to take, you need to remember that knowing your nursing content and learning the clinical skills in a nursing school is not enough to pass the NCLEX exam. What you need more, is to be good at critical thinking! Knowledge at both ends, practical as well as theoretical, and its sound application will lead you to cracking the NCLEX in the fisrt attempt.
Bottomline: Brilliant Nurse Course not only provides the right content but will train you, upgrade your abilities and unlock the potential to be at your best!
Editor’s Note:- We recommend BrilliantNurse’s 6 months All access test prep tracks with daily assignments courses for preparation of NCLEX-PN® and NCLEX-RN®. Click the below links for further information, or for all their courses and options for 30 days and 3 months crash courses, check out this link.
Ultra-extended (6 month access) NCLEX-RN® Test Prep Track + Learning Path – with Daily Assignments and Ultra-extended (6 month access) NCLEX-PN® Test Prep Track + Learning Path – with Daily Assignments