Too many options to choose from! It can be mind boggling sometimes… Finding the right guide for your exam preparation is a must, such that you get a good start to your career. You must understand the demands of the exam and your needs first before you make a choice. So, here we will yet again review an very known name in the NCLEX Review category and that is :
NRSNG Academy is a coaching provider that is there not only to help you pass the NCLEX but also to ease your journey throughout the nursing school. The creator Jon Haws, is a registered nurse himself who very well understands the profession and its demands. Someone who has been thorough the nursing school knows the frustrations, anxieties and problems that the students face. So, he has developed user friendly and innovative methods of learning to make you a qualified nurse with knowledge such that you pass the NCLEX as you graduate.
NRSNG academy provides lots of free resource material that is of great help to students and not only helps, but will give you an idea of what they have in store for those who would wish to continue with their coaching. You can find free access to cheat sheets that help to understand concepts and remember them, essential resources on Lab Values and patient care as well as practice NCLEX questions.
They claim to provide you with the right strategy to handle the NCLEX questions and how to cram or rather understand the endless syllabus. Let’s see what more do they have to offer?
- Very extensive content that covers all that is required for building a strong base for the NCLEX exam.
- The entire content is distributed into audio lectures, engaging videos and PDF files.
- If you’re a current student in a nursing school, over 600 audio and video lectures and around 900 pages of printable material will be a thing to lure.
- For ease of learning they provide flashcards to remeber stuff better.
- Provide over 3,500 practice questions on every subject.
- Detailed rationales are given which help understand better.
- NRSNG is also known for taking tests in a manner that is digitally very close to the real NCLEX. They call it SIMCLEX, which simulates the computer adaptive algorithms that provide each candidate with a unique set of questions depending on his or her capability.
- NRSNG academy makes a hefty claim of providing a 200% refund of the paid fees to those who complete the program and still fail the test.
- PRICE: It costs 450$. But they have broken it down fro easy payement such that you can pay $49 per month for nine months, and that brings it down to almost the same amount.
Positive reviews are given by students when it comes to NRSNG Academy. Be it their free resources or the online review course, it has helped students a lot. Since, the course will be completed in a long duration, and is extensively covering the content in an innovative and interesting manner, it is best for students to use it as a good resource to enhance their knowledge and skills as they pass out from the nursing school.
Where do they lack?
It has also been found that their customer service is not good, and no information about gaining access to to their faculty is provided. Though they make their students get connected with each other via social media platform but still it won’t be enough to lower the stress and anxiety or solve queries of students who are entangled in any sort of genuine problem with his/her content or psychology.
Some students have complained that SIMCLEX does not work like the real NCLEX and their computer algorithm is not able to judge well, the student’s capability and provide the students with an adaptive test. Moreover it is high on price. Bear all tehse things in mind and take a wise decision while even assessing what your actual demands are.
EDITOR’S NOTE: If you’re looking for an NCLEX review program that helps you to strike a balance between knowing the right content, its application by practising questions and developing critical thinking, we recommend Brilliant Nurse, which offers a variety of courses for RN as well as PN aspirants. It provides the right direction as well as constant support to keep students on track. Check out the links below:
Why do we recommend Brilliant Nurse NCLEX Review program?
Brilliant Nurse Review program is a fully fortified program that covers all aspects of the NCLEX preparation while being affordable and that is. You only need to put in your hard work and you won’t have to regret later. This program that will guide you with the right study material, assitance, needed practice and AAPROACH to handle questions to crack the NCLEX-RN and NCLEX-PN exams.
1. UPDATED AND SOUND CONTENT: They provide, content based on the updated syllabus keeping view of the present requirements. The content is organised nad delivered in an innovative way. They also cover a wide array of topics, to keep you adept and updated with the most needed information on various facets of nursing that you have no chance to regret later. ‘No need to keep hunting in journals, magazines and websites to keep yourself updated on latest changes and developments…’ With minimal time wastage you will get all relevant information at one place.You can study smartly using the most popular and recommended nursing books, but in the most simplified way.
This programme is also used by private institutions and centres that want to help their students or colleagues to be well prepared to take up tests of standardisation for nursing.The content has also been made innovative by converting it into a video lectures format. The videos not only deliver relevant content but also explain how to study and apply the information being provided.
2. DEVELOP BOTH CRITICAL AND CLINICAL THINKING: NCLEX, comprises of a wide array of questions. It tests your all round abilities. There is no single appproach to answering such a variety of questions. This program does not privide you any pre set algorithm or set of rule that you need to follow, to solve questions and reach the right conclusion, insteda it prepare your thniking and deevelops in you the confidence to handle any new and question yourself.’
3. ACCESS TO CONTENT VIA MOBILE: To save your time, and help you study as week as take tests while commuting, tehy provide tis facility too.
4. STUDENT SUPPORT: This class includes round the clock student support in addition to opportunities for regular interaction with teachers. The faculty is supportive and accessible. They help you break down questions that you find tough. They have also allotted weekly 75-minute sessions of student and teacher interaction during which students can request advice and information to help them prepare for the NCLEX exam.
5. PRACTICE: All programs provide passing guarantee, over 2000 practice questions, and track your progress, and keep you updated about it, ensuring you try to fill in the gaps.
6. AFFORDABLE: NCLEX is difficult, but that does not mean you need to empty your wallet completely. They have a monthly plan (at $75) per month, the best part being you can cancel anytime! The 3 months program costs 175$ and the 6 months program is for 275$ only.
Brilliant Nurse provides an NCLEX crash course for a price as low as you would like to give, (which means ALMOST FREE) that will address all your queries , as to how to get started and much more than that. It will simplify things for you, boost your confidence and help to build courage to take up the right approach for the exam. So, if you trust them take the complete test prep plan and pass with flying colours!
They take care to sort out and break every question such that you may first understand the type of the question and its demand, then you can answer it correctly. Every type of question (in NCLEX) needs to be answered with a different approach.’
- Multiple choice questions: have only one correct answer
- Multiple response questions: Have more than one correct answer (probably more than one)
- Hot spot items: require you to answer such that you select the right location of a specific item! W.r.t a diagram or figure you need to choose the right form of wave, or injection site etc
- Fill in the blanks: mostly those which require calculation
- Chart/exhibit items: showing tabular or graphical data asking you to comprehend it and take decision
- Drag and drop/ Ordered response item: Asks to place given info in the right sequence or order
- Graphic option item: Needed to choose the right graphic item
- Audio items: need to listen to sounds like breathing sounds, heart sounds etc to interpret and take decision
- Video items: need to answer acc to any procedure shown in the video or the information provided
- Analysis Level items: require you to analyse various symptoms/ data to take the right nursing decision
- Application level items: test the soundness of your nursing content, test the application of what you’ve learnt
- Synthesis level: Require to take bits of information to take a decision
- Evaluation level: Can ask you to determine the effectiveness of nursing care
- Creation level: demand you to find a novel approach to address a problem, based on your intellect and perception
- Cognitive level of test items: need clinical reasoning to be used and applied
Brilliant Nurse is one such program that will guide you with the right study material, assitance, needed practice and APPROACH to handle questions to crack the NCLEX-RN and NCLEX-PN exams.
Bottomline: Brilliant Nurse Course not only provides the right content but will train you, upgrade your abilities and unlock the potential to be at your best!
EDITOR’S NOTE:- We recommend BrilliantNurse’s 6 months All access test prep tracks with daily assignments courses for preparation of NCLEX-PN® and NCLEX-RN®. Click the below given for further information. Ultra-extended (6 month access) NCLEX-RN® Test Prep Track + Learning Path – with Daily Assignments and Ultra-extended (6 month access) NCLEX-PN® Test Prep Track + Learning Path – with Daily Assignments