Nclex questions are usually very tricky and it is crucial to understand exactly what the question is asking? Majority of the items are made specifically to test an applicant’s level of cognition. The right kind of preparation and practice of the NCLEX style questiions is what any good review course should help you with. Go in for the best NCLEX Review and find yourself as a licensed nurse.
And if its only questions that intimidate you then Board Vitals can be of great help for you. It is a digital tool that provides an opportunity to give tests that mimic the real NCLEX and use computer adaptive testing to give you a real experience and become aptly prepared for your exam.
Board Vitals Question Bank: What does it have to offer?
- A very extensive question bank 3,300+ for RN; 1,500+ for PN respectively.
- They target innovative learning, boost confidence and provide relevant practice to make students ready for the exam.
- Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT) is used to provide NCLEX-like testing experience.
- Provide 24X7 acces to their application and practice as per your convenience.
- Detailed explanations are given for the correct answers along with providing ‘distractor awareness’. These are samll elements in the question itself that sway the candidate from geeting to the right answer. Board Vitals help students understand this and master the trick of getting questions right.
- Give a practice connection session where they provide additional key information and/or a summary of important points for a quick recall. This helps in revising concepts and thus reinforcing it in your mind
- Give an all round practice of the real variety of questions taht NCLEX asks: Select all that apply (SATA) , Graphic items, Hot spot items, Drag and drop ordered response items, , Fill in the blank calculation items, Audio questions and Exhibit questions.
- Allow you to track your progress by providing analytics and reports.
- Tests have a timed option to simulate real test conditions.
- Students can compare their progress against the competing lot.
- Mobile-friendly: BoardVitals can be used on any device, any screen size.
- PRICE: 1.Master course that lasts for 6 months- 129$, 2.Prepare course lasst for 3 months: 99 $, 3.Cram course lasts for a month: 79 $ (The prices remain the same for RN as well as PN question banks)
Choosing what you need for the NCLEX preparation, completely depends on what your needs are. This one is for people who do not need much help with the content. If you’re among those people who only need to practice questions and are done with knowing their content well, NCLEX question banks may help you.
Bottomline: Do not use this resource if you are weak in your content.It is a very well acclaimed and popular tool that has some good things to offer but it is not complete in itself! It has been used by most students as an additional resource, or it has been used by those who are retaking the NCLEX exam and are very well versed with their content. Moreover, you can use it if you really cannot find time for rigorous study.
It is best suited for people who are really short of time. It is user friendly and convenient such that it will help to revise content quickly yet effectively. But this software heavily focuses on practicing the art of answering the NCLEX style questions. You may take this one if you are sound in your content and need to practice and master the questions only.
EDITOR’S NOTE: We recommend to you the most innovative review program which will take care of your content, practising NCLEX style questions, strategy building, tips to take the exam etc but in a very balanced and moderate way. Brilliant Nurse is one such program that will help you manage your time and effort well and will take you through the NCLEX exam. It is COMPLETE in every sense and touches all important aspects of the exam.
Check out the given links: Extended (3 month access) NCLEX-PNÆ Test Prep Track and Extended (3 month access) NCLEX-RNÆ Test Prep Track
How will Brilliant Nurse NCLEX Review benefit you?
Brilliant Nurse Review is a comprehensive, fully fortified and affordable approach, where you have to add in only one thing and that is your hard work !
1. Updated and Sound Content: They provide, content based on the updated syllabus keeping view of the present requirements. The content is organised nad delivered in an innovative way. They also cover a wide array of topics, to keep you adept and updated with the most needed information on various facets of nursing that you have no chance to regret later. ‘No need to keep hunting in journals, magazines and websites to keep yourself updated on latest changes and developments…’ With minimal time wastage you will get all relevant information at one place.
You can study smartly using the most popular and recommended nursing books, but in the most simplified way. This programme is also used by private institutions and centres that want to help their students or colleagues to be well prepared to take up tests of standardisation for nursing.
The content has also been made innovative by converting it into a video lectures format. The videos not only deliver relevant content but also explain how to study and apply the information being provided.
2. Develop both Critical and Clinical thinking: NCLEX, comprises of awide array of questions. It tests your all round abilities. There is no single appproach to answering such a variety of questions. This program does not provide you any pre set algorithm or set of rules that you need to follow, to solve questions and reach the right conclusion, instead it prepares your thniking and develops in you the confidence to handle any new and question yourself.’
They focus on providing you questions based on practical situations, various case stidies, situation based discussions, making you learn how a clinical situation unfolds, and collaborative learning that will make you ready to handle qustions yourself. This course does not impose on you a set of rules, rather leavse you free to think being guided by your previously learnt knowledeg and practice, not leaving you confused nad boggled in the midst of the test.
3. Access to Content via Mobile: To save your time, and help you study as week as take tests while commuting, they provide tis facility too.
4. Student Support: This class includes round the clock student support in addition to opportunities for regular interaction with teachers. The faculty is supportive and accessible. They help you break down questions that you find tough. They have also allotted weekly 75-minute sessions of student and teacher interaction during which students can request advice and information to help them prepare for the NCLEX exam.
5. Optimum Practice: All programs provide passing guarantee, over 2000 practice questions, and track your progress, and keep you updated about it, ensuring you try to fill in the gaps.
6. Affordable: NCLEX is difficult, but that does not mean you need to empty your wallet completely. They have a monthly plan (at $75) per month, the best part being you can cancel anytime! The 3 months program costs 175$ and the 6 months program is for 275$ only.
Brilliant Nurse provides an NCLEX crash course for a price as low as you would like to give, (which means ALMOST FREE) that will address all your queries , as to how to get started and much more than that. It will simplify things for you, boost your confidence and help to build courage to take up the right approach for the exam. So, if you trust them take the complete test prep plan and pass with flying colours!
They also help you to address all type of questions asked in the NCLEX exam, like they need to be, with a unique approach for each one of them. This review course will develop the needed strategy and the skills to pass the NCLEX.
‘ A glimpse of how, every type of question (in NCLEX) needs to be answered with a different approach.’
- Multiple choice questions: have only one correct answer
- Multiple response questions: Have more than one correct answer (probably more than one)
- Hot spot items: require you to answer such that you select the right location of a specific item! W.r.t a diagram or figure you need to choose the right form of wave, or injection site etc
- Fill in the blanks: mostly those which require calculation
- Chart/exhibit items: showing tabular or graphical data asking you to comprehend it and take decision
- Drag and drop/ Ordered response item: Asks to place given info in the right sequence or order
- Graphic option item: Needed to choose the right graphic item
- Audio items: need to listen to sounds like breathing sounds, heart sounds etc to interpret and take decision
- Video items: need to answer acc to any procedure shown in the video or the information provided
- Analysis Level items: require you to analyse various symptoms/ data to take the right nursing decision
- Application level items: test the soundness of your nursing content, test the application of what you’ve learnt
- Synthesis level: Require to take bits of information to take a decision
- Evaluation level: Can ask you to determine the effectiveness of nursing care
- Creation level: demand you to find a novel approach to address a problem, based on your intellect and perception
- Cognitive level of test items: need clinical reasoning to be used and applied
Before, deciding on which course to take, you need to remember that knowing your nursing content and learning the clinical skills in a nursing school is not enough to pass the NCLEX exam. What you need more, is to be good at critical thinking! Knowledge at both ends, practical as well as theoretical, and its sound application will lead you to cracking the NCLEX in the fisrt attempt.
Bottomline: Brilliant Nurse Course not only provides the right content but will train you, upgrade your abilities and unlock the potential to be at your best!
EDITOR’S NOTE: We recommend BrilliantNurse’s 6 months All access test prep tracks with daily assignments courses for preparation of NCLEX-PN® and NCLEX-RN®. Click the given links for further information Ultra-extended (6 month access) NCLEX-RN® Test Prep Track + Learning Path – with Daily Assignments and Ultra-extended (6 month access) NCLEX-PN® Test Prep Track + Learning Path – with Daily Assignments