NCLEX reviews are a must have requirement if you want to become a registered nurse. This is an exam that will give verdict to your nursing career. Thus, you need to pass this test. There are numerous study review providers for NCLEX-RN as well as PN.
There are several kinds of review courses available online and choosing the right one is a formidable feat in itself. The amount of study effort that would take to pass the NCLEX varies with every person, meaning some may exert more while others may just treat the exam as just another walk in the park. In choosing review courses, one has to evaluate him or herself on what he or she needs. Do you need something that is brief, concise and no additional supplements? Or are you the type of person who wants to cover all the bases? So, you should be looking out for the best one!
EXCELL Nursing Review:
Excell Nursing is a live review class provider, with no provision of online classes or any digital study resources. They believe in providing quality coaching and guidance but in the traditional way. It has been founded by Nurse Adele Diploma, who claims to have 20 years of teaching experience exclusively for the NCLEX. They have expert faculty, from the nursing profession who help students to easily understand and apply the relevant knowledge.
They hold classes in Chicago, Las Vegas area and San Francisco area.
- They say that NCLEX is tests ‘Nursing Practice’ so they provide knowledge through expert faculty who have a rich experience in the field and are well versed with content too.
- Claim to have a good track record of over 25 years with a high passing rate.
- The review course caters to students preparing for NCLEX RN/PN, HESI and ATI exams.
- It is a content intensive review where they provide organised, systematic and comprehensive subject matter to develop a sound knowledge base.
- The content also includes essential skills needed for clinical practice, which will enable you to answer application based questions which require decision making too.
- Lab Work and Lab Values are also given optimum attention.
- They provide lots of practice tests and self assessment so that you can make a good judgement about your preparation and decide to take the exam.
- Provide test taking strategies too.
- A total of 72 hours of in depth lectures, with a limit of 40 students per class to maintain a good connect and decorum such that there is no hindrance in understanding lectures.
Should I try Excell Nursing Review?
- First of all bear in mind that it is a live review program. You should be considering it only if you have plans to attend live coaching and not an online review.
- Secondly, it is not a very popular review program as you might know, it might be popular locally where their centres are located, so you can be in a position to gather mare information about them if you stay somewhere close.
- The content and strategy part: All information that they have provided is very vague. How much content in terms of books or workbooks or number of lectures or topic wise division, nothing is mentioned. Lost of success stories are provided on their website which will give a glimpse of some of their students who were truly grateful to them. But, it will really depends from person to person because we do not know clearly what they are offering and to what extent will they be able to lend a helping hand for your success journey
- They say nothing about strategy! What is their unique way of braking down and making easy for you the tricky NCLEX exam questions and how to handle the variety too. No innovative methods are used, any sort of digital resources, like books or online quizzes, mobile friendly applications so that the student can make use of his/her travelling time.
- They have taken a traditional approach which is not bad, but we cannot clearly know, until you might go and attend their classes and find out what they have to offer. Since I had already mentioned, they are not very popular it is difficult to find people saying good things abut them. It is better we also take a neutral stance on them.
Bottomline: Taking this revew may or may not be helpful, its more like a chance that you would take. Though their content may help you since they claim good things about their instructors and comprehensive study material, the strategy and analytical side of the test is still at risk. Its like plunging into an uncanny situation where you dont know what the outcome would be. Opt for this one only if you have a review class facilty near to your home, and you have in depth knowledge about them.
Why not go in for more trustworthy options which are transparent enough in their claims?
EDITOR’S NOTE: If you’re looking for an affordable and trustworthy NCLEX review program that not only provides you with updated and sound content, but helps you build the ability to think confidently, train you to analyse questions by making you acquainted with case studies, practical scenarios and simulation tests; we recommend Brilliant Nurse, which offer a variety of courses for RN as well as PN aspirants.
It is COMPLETE in every sense and touches all important aspects of the exam. Check out the given links: Extended (3 month access) NCLEX-PNÆ Test Prep Track and Extended (3 month access) NCLEX-RNÆ Test Prep Track
Why do we recommend Brilliant Nurse NCLEX review program?
Be it NCLEX-RN or NCLEX-PN, you actually need an ALL ROUND approach for passing the NCLEX that not only focuses on content, but application too. The review course should make you aware of the different types of questions and train you to handle them. Each question is unlocked with a different strategy and that’s what Brilliant Nurse will help you master, along with not neglecting the other aspects of NCLEX exam. In a sentence, we can say that Brilliant Nurse Review is a comprehensive, fully fortified and affordable approach, where you have to add in only one thing and that is your hard work !
They openly and very clearly tell you what they have to offer.
1. UPDATED AND SOUND CONTENT: They provide, content based on the updated syllabus keeping view of the present requirements. ‘No need to keep hunting in journals, magazines and websites to keep yourself updated on latest changes and developments…’ With minimal time wastage you will get all relevant information at one place. You can study smartly using the most popular and recommended nursing books, but in the most simplified way. This programme is also used by private institutions and centres that want to help their students or colleagues to be well prepared to take up tests of standardisation for nursing.The content has also been made innovative by converting it into a video lectures format.
2. DEVELOP BOTH CRITICAL AND CLINICAL THINKING: They focus on providing you questions based on practical situations, various case studies, situation based discussions, making you learn how a clinical situation unfolds, and collaborative learning that will make you ready to handle questions yourself. This course does not impose on you a set of rules, rather leaves you free to think being guided by your previously learnt knowledeg and practice, not leaving you confused and boggled in the midst of the test.
3. ACCESS TO CONTENT VIA MOBILE: To save your time, and help you study as week as take tests while commuting, they provide this facility too.
4. STUDENT SUPPORT: This class includes round the clock student support in addition to opportunities for regular interaction with teachers. The faculty is supportive and accessible. They help you break down questions that you find tough. They have also allotted weekly 75-minute sessions of student and teacher interaction during which students can request advice and information to help them prepare for the NCLEX exam.
5. PRACTICE: All programs provide passing guarantee, over 2000 practice questions, and track your progress, and keep you updated about it, ensuring you try to fill in the gaps.
6. AFFORDABLE: NCLEX is difficult, but that does not mean you need to empty your wallet completely. They have a monthly plan (at $75) per month, the best part being you can cancel anytime! The 3 months program costs 175$ and the 6 months program is for 275$ only. Brilliant Nurse provides an NCLEX crash course for a price as low as you would like to give, (which means ALMOST FREE) that will address all your queries , as to how to get started and much more than that. It will simplify things for you, boost your confidence and help to build courage to take up the right approach for the exam. So, if you trust them take the complete test prep plan and pass with flying colours!
Do not be afraid that this program will provide NCLEX style questions or not. Have a look how they categorise questions and will teach you how to deal with each one differently. Brilliant Nurse takes care to sort out and break every question such that you may first understand the type of the question and its demand, then you can answer it correctly.
- Multiple choice questions: have only one correct answer
- Multiple response questions: Have more than one correct answer (probably more than one)
- Hot spot items: require you to answer such that you select the right location of a specific item! W.r.t a diagram or figure you need to choose the right form of wave, or injection site etc
- Fill in the blanks: mostly those which require calculation
- Chart/exhibit items: showing tabular or graphical data asking you to comprehend it and take decision
- Drag and drop/ Ordered response item: Asks to place given info in the right sequence or order
- Graphic option item: Needed to choose the right graphic item
- Audio items: need to listen to sounds like breathing sounds, heart sounds etc to interpret and take decision
- Video items: need to answer acc to any procedure shown in the video or the information provided
- Analysis Level items: require you to analyse various symptoms/ data to take the right nursing decision
- Application level items: test the soundness of your nursing content, test the application of what you’ve learnt
- Synthesis level: Require to take bits of information to take a decision
- Evaluation level: Can ask you to determine the effectiveness of nursing care
- Creation level: demand you to find a novel approach to address a problem, based on your intellect and perception
- Cognitive level of test items: need clinical reasoning to be used and applied
- Bottomline: Brilliant Nurse Course not only provides the right content but makes you understand with unique strategies to answer ALL types of questions. It will help you understand how to approach them, and practicing a variety of them again and again will make you ready for the exam. This will train you, upgrade your abilities and unlock the potential to be at your best!
Before, deciding on which course to take, you need to remember that knowing your nursing content and learning the clinical skills in a nursing school is not enough to pass the NCLEX exam. What you need more, is to be good at critical thinking! Knowledge at both ends, practical as well as theoretical, and its sound application will lead you to cracking the NCLEX in the fisrt attempt.;
Bottomline: Brilliant Nurse Course not only provides the right content but will train you, upgrade your abilities and unlock the potential to be at your best!
Editor’s Note:- We recommend BrilliantNurse’s 6 months All access test prep tracks with daily assignments courses for preparation of NCLEX-PN® and NCLEX-RN®. Click the below links for further information, or for all their courses and options for 30 days and 3 months crash courses, check out this link.
Ultra-extended (6 month access) NCLEX-RN® Test Prep Track + Learning Path – with Daily Assignments and Ultra-extended (6 month access) NCLEX-PN® Test Prep Track + Learning Path – with Daily Assignments