Is there any short cut to success?
Recall what your teachers and parents said about it…..There isn’t! Actually there is a step by step approach to reaching your desired destination. Of course you can work SMARTLY but not ABRUPTLY. Doing every task in the best possible manner, where you can optimise time and effort to get maximum output is the best strategy. But strategy gives benefit only when tasks are accomplished timely and orderly.
Keeping this in mind, that any entrance exam which is crucial for your successful career should also be dealt with in the same manner. This will ensure that you do not loose your precious time and pass with flying colors!
It is unanimously agreed by all students that NCLEX Is tough, be it RN Or PN whatever your goal may be. There are many aspects to succesfully cracking the NCLEX and being a clever student you should be able to understand the gravity of the situation, analyze all aspects well, and put in balanced effort to get success you deserve.
This brings in the need for taking the best NCLEX Review course which may aid you like you actually need it. Make a self asssesment of what you actually need and choose the Review course that is comprehensive, and has an all round approach to take you through!
U WORLD NCLEX Review is known for its questions that match the real exam’s requirements… Let’s take make an in depth review about it, such that will it be beneficial for you or not?
First of all, what you ought to know is that U World is not a Review Program but an online Question Bank provider. It does not provide any book or any sort of content facility or classes. It not only caters NCLEX but also for SAT, ACT, MCAT. It claims to provide closely matching NCLEX style questions, online tests simulating the real test and solutions to make you undersatnd the underlying reasons for right or wrong answers.
TYPES OF TESTS: There are three main types of tests that you can take to prepare yourself for NCLEX. Practice, and revision through tailored tests will make you eliminate that the need for cramming and mugging up tough concepts.
A timed practcie test help to take the test while focusing on your speed, keeping a track of the time you consume. They provide the score after some time and not only provide your score but also give information about specific questions. You can know the question that you’ve got wrong, what percent of other students could get it right and what percent of them got it wrong. The objective behind the questions and the explanation for the answer is clearly provided.
This one allows you to take the test, without locking the questions in stipulated time. It is taken by students for area wher they are weak, and have not been good with accuracy and speed; or we can say thay are beginners. The answers, rationales etc are provided in a similar manner as other tests.
This mode allows you to customise your tests. You can create tests according to your needs focusing on specific subjects and areas and put it on a timed mode if you want to simulate it according to the real exam.
*A unique feature with their tests is that while giving a particular test if you omit questions, you can go back to your omitted questions if you had marked them and make a test out of them.
- The questions they provide match the difficulty level of the NCLEX exam.
- The interface/screen set up matches NCLEX very closely
- More than 1000 practice questions
- The rationales explained are understandable; clearly explaining why an answer is right or wrong using charts, graphs, figures etc
- Assessments help to find out the weak areas
- Will make you feel more than prepared and confident for NCLEX
- Apps available for androind and i phones to help you take test when you’re travelling
One more important fact is that U World provides flexible subscription options. You can choose according to your needs. There are plans for 30 days, 2 months, 3 months or even 6 months. You can enrol yourslef according to your requirements.
What is lacking?
This is not a difficult question to answer when it comes to U World! Of course all of us know it, and that is NURSING CONTENT.
This programme compleletly omits it, assuming that the student already knows the stuff. The first step to advancing on the path of passing the NCLEX exam is having a sound understanding of the entire syllabus. It isn’t a thing that can be overlooked! Every vigilant student knows that the foundation of your success lies in strong knowledge of your content.
NCLEX can be really brutal if you are weak in it since and no amount of strategy and critical reasoning that you might have tried to learn will help you!
While if you have been an achiever and are confident enough that you only need to brush up your knowledge, then you can opt for this one but knowing that it is really expensive for the services that they are offering. Other question bank providers which also provide simulation tests online are available at a much lesser cost, preparing you for the real NCLEX exam.
Bottomline: To summarize it all, we can say that U World has designed online question bank provisions to acquaint students with the real NCLEX test and eliminate rigorous learning! They claim that thorough practising questions will help you revise important concepts since they explain the objective behind designing every question while also providing the rationales behind them.
But we do not recommend you to take this one, instead have a better organised approach to prepare for your exam which starts from knowing your content well. Learning how to apply the knowledge and practice questions to built clinical and critical reasoning, there are many programs that offer all of this along with good support from faculty and students to resolve queries.
Memorisation and cramming can be reduced and can be made easier via innovative methods of teaching but cannot be eliminated completely as U world claims!
EDITOR’S NOTE: If you’re looking for an NCLEX review program that helps you to strike a balance between knowing the right content, its application by practising questions and developing critical thinking, we recommend Brilliant Nurse, which offers a variety of courses for RN as well as PN aspirants. Check out the links below:
Why do we recommend Brilliant Nurse NCLEX Review program?
Brilliant Nurse Review program is a fully fortified program that covers all aspects of the NCLEX preparation while being affordable and that is. You only need to put in your hard work and you won’t have to regret later. This program that will guide you with the right study material, assitance, needed practice and AAPROACH to handle questions to crack the NCLEX-RN and NCLEX-PN exams.
1. UPDATED AND SOUND CONTENT: They provide, content based on the updated syllabus keeping view of the present requirements. The content is organised nad delivered in an innovative way. They also cover a wide array of topics, to keep you adept and updated with the most needed information on various facets of nursing that you have no chance to regret later. ‘No need to keep hunting in journals, magazines and websites to keep yourself updated on latest changes and developments…’ With minimal time wastage you will get all relevant information at one place.You can study smartly using the most popular and recommended nursing books, but in the most simplified way.
This programme is also used by private institutions and centres that want to help their students or colleagues to be well prepared to take up tests of standardisation for nursing.The content has also been made innovative by converting it into a video lectures format. The videos not only deliver relevant content but also explain how to study and apply the information being provided.
2. DEVELOP BOTH CRITICAL AND CLINICAL THINKING: NCLEX, comprises of a wide array of questions. It tests your all round abilities. There is no single appproach to answering such a variety of questions. This program does not privide you any pre set algorithm or set of rule that you need to follow, to solve questions and reach the right conclusion, insteda it prepare your thniking and deevelops in you the confidence to handle any new and question yourself.’
3. ACCESS TO CONTENT VIA MOBILE: To save your time, and help you study as week as take tests while commuting, tehy provide tis facility too.
4. STUDENT SUPPORT: This class includes round the clock student support in addition to opportunities for regular interaction with teachers. The faculty is supportive and accessible. They help you break down questions that you find tough. They have also allotted weekly 75-minute sessions of student and teacher interaction during which students can request advice and information to help them prepare for the NCLEX exam.
5. PRACTICE: All programs provide passing guarantee, over 2000 practice questions, and track your progress, and keep you updated about it, ensuring you try to fill in the gaps.
6. AFFORDABLE: NCLEX is difficult, but that does not mean you need to empty your wallet completely. They have a monthly plan (at $75) per month, the best part being you can cancel anytime! The 3 months program costs 175$ and the 6 months program is for 275$ only.
Brilliant Nurse provides an NCLEX crash course for a price as low as you would like to give, (which means ALMOST FREE) that will address all your queries , as to how to get started and much more than that. It will simplify things for you, boost your confidence and help to build courage to take up the right approach for the exam. So, if you trust them take the complete test prep plan and pass with flying colours!
They take care to sort out and break every question such that you may first understand the type of the question and its demand, then you can answer it correctly. Every type of question (in NCLEX) needs to be answered with a different approach.’
- Multiple choice questions: have only one correct answer
- Multiple response questions: Have more than one correct answer (probably more than one)
- Hot spot items: require you to answer such that you select the right location of a specific item! W.r.t a diagram or figure you need to choose the right form of wave, or injection site etc
- Fill in the blanks: mostly those which require calculation
- Chart/exhibit items: showing tabular or graphical data asking you to comprehend it and take decision
- Drag and drop/ Ordered response item: Asks to place given info in the right sequence or order
- Graphic option item: Needed to choose the right graphic item
- Audio items: need to listen to sounds like breathing sounds, heart sounds etc to interpret and take decision
- Video items: need to answer acc to any procedure shown in the video or the information provided
- Analysis Level items: require you to analyse various symptoms/ data to take the right nursing decision
- Application level items: test the soundness of your nursing content, test the application of what you’ve learnt
- Synthesis level: Require to take bits of information to take a decision
- Evaluation level: Can ask you to determine the effectiveness of nursing care
- Creation level: demand you to find a novel approach to address a problem, based on your intellect and perception
- Cognitive level of test items: need clinical reasoning to be used and applied
Brilliant Nurse is one such program that will guide you with the right study material, assitance, needed practice and APPROACH to handle questions to crack the NCLEX-RN and NCLEX-PN exams.
Bottomline: Brilliant Nurse Course not only provides the right content but will train you, upgrade your abilities and unlock the potential to be at your best!
Editor’s Note:- We recommend BrilliantNurse’s 6 months All access test prep tracks with daily assignments courses for preparation of NCLEX-PN® and NCLEX-RN®. Click the below links for further information, or for all their courses and options for 30 days and 3 months crash courses, check out this link.
Ultra-extended (6 month access) NCLEX-RN® Test Prep Track + Learning Path – with Daily Assignments and Ultra-extended (6 month access) NCLEX-PN® Test Prep Track + Learning Path – with Daily Assignments